In 2017 minimally invasive cosmetic procedures like neurotoxin injections, dermal fillers, chemical peels, and more were distinctly more popular than surgical options and the demand for such services continues to grow. While med spas and plastic surgeons are typically thought of as the providers of these services, more and more general practitioners, dermatologists, and even dentists are adding minimally invasive aesthetic procedures to their list of services.If you have been thinking about adding aesthetics to your services, it is a great time to do so. However, it is crucial that you introduce new treatments and procedures in a strategic way. Adding aesthetics to your practice must be coupled with a great business plan and marketing strategy so that you increase patient acquisition and revenue.So where do you even get started? Between choosing what services to offer, knowing what resources you need, and marketing, the task can feel overwhelming. Read on to learn more about how to add aesthetic ancillary services to your medical practice successfully.
Choose What Services You Want to Offer
When it comes to choosing what services to offer, it can feel difficult to choose from the all of the options.Some of the most popular aesthetic treatments providers may wish to consider include:
- BOTOX/Neurotoxin Injections: Botulinum toxin type A injections(BOTOX, Dysport, and Xeomin) are the most popular minimally invasive cosmetic treatment and can be a great addition to your medical practice. Because of their popularity and brands like BOTOX being a household name, you can expect great success with these injectables.
- Dermal Fillers: Another of the most popular injectable treatments, dermal fillers are another great choice to add to your list of services. Popular dermal fillers include Juvederm, Restylane, Sculptra, and Bellafill. In addition to being able to treat aging-related issues, these injectables also appeal to younger patients for their ability to enhance the lips, jaw, and nose.
- Laser Hair Removal: A popular treatment amongst many age groups and both men and women, laser hair removal continues to be one of the most sought after aesthetic services. Due to its popularity, many doctors offer the service in their practice.
There are a plethora of other services you can choose to offer at your medical practice as well, including chemical peels, sclerotherapy, laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, and more. Choose what services you think will most benefit and reflect your practice.Based on which services you choose to add, you will likely need to undergo specialized training and purchase products or equipment. This should all be factored in as you develop your aesthetic business plan.
Create a Business Plan
While adding aesthetic services to your practice is undoubtedly beneficial, it is important to create a business plan so that you succeed.
- Know Your Competition: Chances are that there are several providers in your area already offering the aesthetic treatments you plan on adding to your services. Find out what their services are, how they are marketing themselves, and how you can set your practice apart.
- Plan Financially: Regardless of what ancillary services you choose to add to your practice there will be startup and maintenance costs. Calculate this all before you launch your new services and make sure you are increasing patient acquisition to cover costs.
- Decide How You Will Integrate Your New Services: Do you want to bring in one or multiple new ancillary services? How will you introduce them to your current patients and how will you use new services to bring in new patients? These are all important aspects to consider and should be at the cornerstone of your marketing plan.
- Hire an Expert: If you are new to aesthetics, bringing someone on your team who has both the training and experience in your new chosen services can be extremely beneficial for several reasons. Many doctors will bring on nurse practitioners or RNs who have aesthetic training to assist them with treatments.
- Add or Remove Services As Needed: Whenever adding new services, there will be trial and error. Keep a close eye on what patients are receiving, and focus on the treatments that are successful. Furthermore, ask your patients if there are other treatments they would like to see on your list of services and adjust as necessary.
Create a Marketing Strategy
- Market to Your Current Patients: If you already have your own practice, chances are you have loyal patients who come back to you because they like your practice and trust you. Use this as an avenue to introduce and educate patients about your new aesthetic services. Reach out to your current patients via email or social media to announce your new services and when they will be available.
- Advertise Within Your Practice: If patients don't know you are offering aesthetic services, they won't ask! Make sure you make your new services very apparent in your office by putting up material advertising your services such as educational pamphlets. Make sure marketing material for your new services is one of the first thing patients see when they come into your office.
- Advertise Online: Even if you already have an established presence for your practice online, it is important that you optimize your site, business listings, and overall digital presence to reflect your aesthetic services.
Succeed From the Start
An amazing marketing strategy should always be at the cornerstone of your business plan, especially when adding new services to your practice. While adding ancillary aesthetic services can be exciting and profitable, it can also be overwhelming. At Med Aesthetics Group we are experts in aesthetic and medical marketing. We will make sure that all of your marketing needs are taken care of, so you can focus on building your practice.Our services include everything you will need to succeed in your marketing efforts including paid search, SEO, social media, email, and text marketing. Our team is made up of experts in aesthetics and the medical industry, so we are familiar with all of your treatments. By utilizing a great marketing campaign crafted by our team, your practice can reach its potential with aesthetic ancillary services. To learn more about our services book a demo with us today!