Instagram Tips for Your Med Spa
Instagram is one of the most popular social media outlets available right now. Moreover, it is probably the go-to social outlet for sharing content surrounding the aesthetics industry. Instagram has become a favorite for plastic surgeons, med spas, and dermatologists who are looking to grow their practice and for good reason. Social media is changing aesthetics in every way.Over 40% of brands are using Instagram for business and your med spa should be too. The platform allows for the unique opportunity to access and reach a broader audience than ever before. While Instagram is utilized by all kinds of industries, it has had a unique effect on aesthetics. One study showed that over half of US plastic surgeons marketed themselves on social media, and more than 30% of practitioners thought it was a necessity.The benefit of social media is not just limited to plastic surgeons. It is just as crucial that med spas, dermatologists, nurse injectors, and aestheticians put their best foot forward on platforms like Instagram. Because users can search for specific content through hashtags, you can market the services you want to the audience you want.Perhaps most notably, Instagram and its unique features like going live, IGTV, or stories allow practitioners to interact with their patients in a personal way. Within one app, users can look at your before and after photos, see live footage of treatments or your facility, and interact with live Q&As with your practitioners.Instagram has also become a place where patients can be more transparent about their procedures as they can document their own treatment experience, healing process, and before and after photos, giving your practice great exposure.Read on to find out our best tips on how to market your med spa on Instagram.
Optimize Your Profile
Whether you are just setting up an Instagram profile for your med spa or have had one for a while, it is important that your your profile is optimized so that users can easily find you. There are several things you can do before even posting content to make your profile stand out.
- Opt for a Business Profile: Business profiles offer many perks that personal profiles don't. Some extra features you can find on your business profile include the ability for you to add information about your location, your hours, and how to contact you. Furthermore, business accounts also give you the access to analytics that show you more specific details about your followers and when they are most active. Business profiles also make promoting and advertising content easy.
- Use a Quality Profile Photo: Pick a great image of yourself, your facility, or your logo that fits nicely within the profile picture section on Instagram.
- Use Keywords in your Profile Name and Description: Use keywords that the followers you want might search for such as what services your provide or what type of facility you are and your location in the title and in your description of your profile.
Once you make sure the fundamentals of your profile are at their best, you can begin posting content to your page and start bringing followers in right away.
Post Great Content
The most important element of making your med spa successful on Instagram is posting quality, engaging content. Make sure you are posting content that has value so that your posts attract new followers and engagement. Luckily, interest in minimally invasive cosmetic procedures is at its highest.Aesthetics facilities can cater to the demand for this type of content in several ways:
- Post Before and After Photos: Potential patients want to see what they can expect from treatments like BOTOX or dermal fillers. Showcase your available services as well as your expertise by posting photos of your current clientele before and after their treatments. Be sure to give details about what kind of product was used, what the treatment is like, results, recovery time, and the provider in the description.
- Post Videos of Treatments: Just as patients want to see what they can expect results-wise from their treatment, they also want to see what the treatment process itself is like. Take video of yourself or your practitioners performing treatments and explaining the process. This allows for potential patients to know what they can expect before, during, and after treatment.
- Utilize Stories and IGTV: Stories allow you to highlight your best content or stream a live feed in which you can interact with both potential and current patients. IGTV can highlight your facility and the treatments you offer.
Posting once a month or even once a week is not in your med spa's best interest. Instead you should focus on frequency and consistency as you build up your following. Posting consistently allows for your followers to know what to expect from you and for you to be on their feed more often.To make sure you post frequently and consistently you can plan your content. Just like all of your other marketing efforts, social media posts should be strategic. By planning your content and its distribution ahead of time you can set yourself up for success.
Interact With Your Followers
One of the most important factors in gaining and retaining followers is interacting with anyone who engages with your content and profile. This means that you should always reply to comments and questions, interact with users on your live feed, and post interactive content like contests.If you are wondering whether you should focus on posts, stories, or IGTV, simply ask your followers what content of yours they like to see and where they like to see it. Instagram users love polls and other interactive features on the platform.
Influencer marketing is on the rise and your med spa needs to take advantage of it. Just how effective is it though? One study found that 60% of consumers consulted a non-celebrity blog or social media profile before making a purchase. Not only can influencers increase brand awareness, they can bring in new patients.By choosing the right influencer that represents your brand in the best light and reaches the potential patient group you want, you can find success both on social media and in your practice.
Make the Most of Your Med Spa with Social Media
While Instagram is one of the most popular social platforms for aesthetic professionals to showcase their work and interact with patients, it is important to put your best foot forward on all social channels including Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Twitter, all of which have their own pros and cons.Regardless of which channels you choose, a well-planned social media is a necessity for your med spa. At Med Aesthetics Group we are experts in social media for medical spas, plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and aesthetics professionals. Our social media services will help you to develop a content strategy, build your followers, and ultimately bring more patients into your practice.To learn more about our social media and other marketing services, including PPC, SEO, email, and text marketing, book a demo with us today and see your practice reach its potential.